Sunday, July 01, 2007

I Think I Like Baseball

I get "Spin" magazine thanks to a pathetically cute 10-year-old girl selling door-to-door. I don't usually read it, rather, I tend to leaf through the ads and look at the grungy cute boys in emo bands. But today, I came across an ad that really caught my eye--an advertisement for "The Bigs," a video game from 2K Sports ("Where pastime meets prime time with epic arcade baseball action!"). Here's the full-page ad:

I'm fairly certain that "The Bigs" isn't targeted directly at my demographic group, but this ad made me do a double-take. Take a look at a close-up of the animated version of Albert Pujols of the St. Louis Cardinals:

This image was placed directly under the caption "Bust out the big lumber," which apparently Albert is about to do. When I showed this to Tim (a graphic designer), he said "And let me tell you, girl, enhancing your package digitally is HARD--they did that shit on purpose." [Note: I'm guessing Tim only read about that somewhere, as opposed to trying it on his own package for his gay.com photos.].

Well, that's really it. I just wanted to share. I'm gonna go bust out the big lumber now...


2 Comments:

At 6:13 PM, Blogger LadrĂ³n de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

The view of #5 from the back at the top of the ad ain't bad either. Even a near vegan like me enjoys the lure of ball park franks.

 
At 12:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They don't call them woodies for nothing.

travis
spear.spark@hotmail.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home